Are you one who thrives living off of someone else’s expense? Or are you one who works hard day in and day out to guarantee your own success? Before we move any further, here is a definition of each word for clarity. According to Merriam Webster.com, a GOLD DIGGER is a person who uses charm to extract money or gifts from others. According to Urban Dictionary.com, a GOAL DIGGER is one who has the smarts, optimism, integrity, and passion to do it themselves. Which one are you?
In this blog entry, I will post the top 5 things that will categorize a GOAL DIGGER from a GOLD DIGGER. Of course, I may not be able to cover everything, but these are the ones that came to mind. Again we are all entitled to our own opinion, so feel free to agree or disagree with me.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOLD DIGGER
- GOLD DIGGERS don’t care about your personal life unless it is a personal gain for them. They only bother to see how you are doing if they want something. I like to call it “The Checkup”. They check up on you because they know they will be asking for a favor soon. If you are even lucky to get “The Checkup” that means you are dealing with a “compassionate gold digger”. They actually do have a heart, but that does not stop them from repeatedly asking for favors.
- You never really hear them say “WE” everything is “I”. Now don’t get me wrong, sometimes you have to do things for yourself. But they are always wondering what the other person can do for them, and never the other way around. It is always… “I NEED” … “I WANT” … “I SAW”… “I WAS THINKING”.. never a thought or consideration for others. They have their eye on the prize and will do whoever or whatever it takes to obtain it
- For some odd reason, people who barely work, always feel entitled to everything. You should ask them “Who are you and what have you done to contribute to my success”?. A GOLD Digger is never satisfied, and always wanting more. The more and more you give them, the more they feel entitled to have everything they want. They also rarely say thank you or please. Beware of people like this.
- GOLD DIGGERS only use their physical attributes or charm to get them ahead in life. Now I’m sure at one point in our lives we have all done it, so I definitely am not judging, but if that is your only method of getting ahead in life for everything, then you might have a problem. A pretty face can only get you but so far.
- When you meet a GOLD DIGGER, they already have specific questions in mind, that they want to ask. Of course the obvious ones are, “What is your occupation?” , “What kind of car do you drive”, and/or start talking about every expensive designer there is out there. And they love to talk about money. Every conversation somehow always ends up about money. Of course if you end up talking to a gold digger, they will never offer to pay, yet always want to go or travel to a place that is expensive.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOAL DIGGER
- GOAL DIGGERS most importantly have respect for themselves. They are not willing to compromise their morals and values just for a dollar or lifestyle. They also want the best things in life, but rather do things themselves than to feel like a burden to someone.
- GOAL DIGGERS come off to be more attractive. Nothing is more attractive than to see someone hustle and grind their way to the top. They do not feel a sense of entitlement to anything, and that is what keeps them motivated. When they have a goal, nothing will stop them from achieving that goal or endeavor.
- GOAL DIGGERS have respect for their name. Your name is what people use to identify you. A goal digger does not want their good name to be tarnished. They respect their name and family legacy.
- They say “Birds of the same feather flock together”. Meaning they are surrounded by people who have similar characteristics or similar interests. Their main focus is to motivate each other, be driven, and to excel in life. You are the company you keep, most of the time, so it is important to be around people who are always trying to improve themselves and not be complacent.
- GOAL DIGGERS are not worried about “STATUS”. They let their work speak for them, not their wallet. Of course they are hungry for the next check, but they do not let that define them. They stay humble and keep grinding to be even better than what they were before. They know what they have in the bank, so they are not concerned about how many followers they have, or who may judge their outfits or appearance.
Notice how I did not label, HE or SHE throughout this whole post. When one thinks of a GOLD DIGGER they may automatically refer to women, but in this day and age, that role does not discriminate. No one wants to purposely struggle in life, but if you solely depend on someone for financial stability or success within your life, you may want to re-evaluate some things. Nothing is more rewarding then to reap the benefits of your own hard work. So again after reading this post.. which one are you? A GOAL DIGGER or a GOLD DIGGER?
As Always…Thanks for Reading!