It is 2015 and you still do not know how to cook… why? I personally can not come up with any valid reasons why any person, especially a woman, does not know how to cook. Now no one said that you had to be a top chef, but it is essential to be able to cook a few meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I understand cooking is not for everyone… BUT we need food to live and going out to eat everyday can get old real quick and adds up even quicker.
I was able to ask a few men and women why they feel like this generation lacks knowing how to cook, or having the interest to. Below are the results in random order:
- I don’t have time! Cooking requires time and patience, and when you work a hectic schedule, it is easier to pick up food on the go.
- I don’t know how to cook small meals. It is easier to make meals for a group of people, but for myself, I always overcook.
- I have food in my fridge, but that gets old quick.
- I always get invited out for drinks and dinner with friends or coworkers
- Cooking requires cleaning, and I don’t have the time or energy to start washing dishes
- I’m barely at home due to work or traveling, so no reason to have food in the fridge and it will go to waste
- It’s expensive to buy all the ingredients when I can just spend money and save time on food to go
- I don’t have to cook because I have someone who does it for me, or my spouse is a good cook
- I don’t have a lot of pots and pans to cook
- I don’t want to waste money on buying ingredients for a meal, I’m not sure that will even taste good
I completely understand some of the reasons( excuses) on why some don’t know how to cook or have time to, but you make time for what is important. Youtube can be your best friend. Watch videos on how to make some of your favorite dishes, and limit the amount of money you spend on fast food weekly and monthly!
Reasons Why You Should Know How to Cook:
- Cooking Your Own meal is WAY healthier. You can pick and choose what exactly goes into it
- Cooking is actually cheaper than going out to eat every single day
- Knowing how to cook impresses people, and shows that you like to try new things
- The Internet has so many different ways to learn how to cook anything! Like mentioned above, make Youtube your best friend !
- You don’t have to depend on someone else to get a good meal
Cooking is a fundamental skill worth learning, so stop saying,” I don’t know how to cook”. And take the time to learn!