BIO: Emeka Akoma; 20; Is a recent graduate from Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in Biochemistry. He is currently a Business Director, at a Financial Firm in Nashville, TN. In his spare time, if he is not buying new articles of clothing to add to his collection, he loves to play soccer and read books. Check out my interview wit Emeka below and some of his favorite looks!
1. What is your full name?
2. Where were you born & raised? Did your upbringing have an early influence on you dressing the way you do now?
I was born in Nigeria, but raised in Switzerland. Growing up really didn’t influence me as much when it came to style. The only main thing that stuck with me was how my mother would always tell me to look presentable at all times no matter where I was going.
3. Define Fashion? And how would you describe your personal style?
Fashion, to me, is a platform to where an individual is able to express their creativity and who they are.
My personal style would probably a mixture of GQ and urban. I like to be classy, but also laid back a little bit.
4. What do you think the current and future fashion trends are for men & women?
I think it is heading to favor more of a younger generation especially with the popularity of jogger pants, long tees, distressed jeans, etc., and less about the formal, classy look.
5. Who are some people in the Fashion Industry that you look up to for guidance, and ways to enhance your craft?
I don’t look up to anyone in particular, but I usually look into magazines and fashion pages. One person I do pay attention to is Pharrell. He is extremely different in his style. He really inspires me to be different.
6. What are 3 words that you would use to describe yourself and the brand you are trying to create? Why?
Eccentric, daring, classy
7. How can people get in contact with you via email or social media outlets?
Social media outlets; Instagram : @c.emeka, Twitter: __PapiChulo_ & Facebook: Emeka Akoma
Thank You for your time.
Look 1: Urban & Traditional Look
Shirt: Made in Nigeria
Brown Blazer: Goodwill
Pocket square: Goodwill
Look 2: Clean & Casual Look
Accessories: Watch from Macy’s ; Glasses from Aldo
Look 3: Classic Business Casual Look
Suit: Milano in Maryland
Pocket Square: Macy’s
Shoes: Purchased in Toronto, Canada
Look 4: Urban Everyday Look
Shirt: Designs BY Terrell
Shoes: Finish Line
Accessories: Back pack from Journeys ; Glasses from Amazon